Make Reading Lab a Good Place to Learn
1. FIRST -- Sit down and wait.
2. Everyone needs a turn--raise your hand.
3. Listen and follow directions.
4. No toys.
5. No tipping in the chairs.
6. Walk quietly to and from class.
7. Work hard and try your best.
To Earn Bonus Points
- Your first job is to sit in your assigned seat.
- Be quiet in the halls.
- Pay attention and follow directions.
- Leave promptly when class is over.
- Pick up any mess and push in chairs.
- Act the same way you act in your classroom.
- Don't clean up.
- Don't sit down.
- Fuss with classmates.
- Go to the bathroom.
- Make noise in the hall.
- Talk when I am teaching a lesson.
- Bring unnecessary things (toys) to class.
- Call out to visitors.
- Track in mud.
When a class has thirty points we have a Bonus Day. A Bonus Day consists of a reading or word game and treats. The kindergarten, first, and second grades may play Bingo, Quizzmo, Chunks, or Secret Square. They are usually treated to fruit snacks. The third and fourth grades might play 20 Questions, Chunks, Jr. Scrabble, Hangman, or The Sentence Game. The older students are usually treated to fruit rollups.